You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Board of Education
Vision, Mission and Goals
New to BVSD?
Jobs @ BVSD
Online Schools & Programs
School Age Care
BVSD Web Store
Email Sign in
Google K-5 Sign in
IC Educator/Staff Portal
IC Student/Parent Portal
BVSD Service Request
Maintenance Work Request
Security & Safety
Búsqueda de Superintendente
Rob Anderson Bio
The Superintendent Search is over!
Following a nationwide search and extensive interviews, on Tuesday, March 20, during a Special Meeting, the Boulder Valley School District’s Board of Education selected BVSD’s next leader.
With a vote of 6-1 the Board appointed Dr. Rob Anderson as the new superintendent of BVSD, pending contract negotiations.
About our Next Superintendent
Dr. Anderson has been an educator for 21 years, most recently serving as the Deputy Superintendent of Academics for Fulton County Schools in Atlanta, Georgia, a school district that serves 96,500 students in 102 schools. He started his career as a Title I math and science teacher in Orlando, Florida, before rising through the leadership ranks. Along the way, he was a high school principal for eight years.
Read Anderson’s full biography HERE.
The decision comes after a six month process, which involved a lot of community participation and feedback.
This fall and winter, hundreds of Boulder Valley School District students, parents, employees and community members have had the opportunity to share their thoughts regarding the attributes they would like to see in our next superintendent and the issues he or she will need to address once hired.
The following are the qualities that they desired most:
• Is willing to listen to input, but is a decision maker.
• Possesses the leadership skills required to respond to the opportunities and challenges presented by an ethnically and culturally diverse community.
• Inspires trust, has high levels of self-confidence and optimism, and models high standards of integrity and personal performance.
• Is a strong communicator; speaking, listening and writing.
• Has experience recruiting and maintaining exceptional staff for the District and schools.
• Is able to build consensus and commitment among individuals and groups with emphasis on parental involvement.
• Is able to delegate authority appropriately while maintaining accountability.
• Has previous experience that will benefit the long-term financial health of District.
• Is strongly committed to a “student first” philosophy in all decisions.
• Has experience in the selection and implementation of educational priorities consistent with the interests and needs of students, staff, Board and community.
• Possesses the ability to enhance student performance, especially in identifying and closing or narrowing the gaps in student achievement.
• Has knowledge of emerging research and best practice in the areas of curriculum/instructional\ design and practice.
• Promotes a positive and professional environment for District employees and Board.
after two finalists were named for the position
, BVSD held a series of Community Interviews, which were open to the public, select students, parents and residents had the chance to ask their questions of the candidates.
Ray and Associates
Superintendent Search Timeline
Latino Community Flier (January 2018)
Community Forum Flier (Nov 2017)
Latino Community Forum Flier (Nov 2017)
Qualities desired in the new superintendent
Calidades deseadas en el nuevo superintendente
Community District Review
Revisión del Distrito Comunitario
Community encouraged to participate in superintendent search
Ray and Associates chosen to seek next BVSD superintendent
Board of Education selects three superintendent search firm finalists
Board kicks off process to find superintendent search firm
Education Center / 6500 Arapahoe, Boulder, CO 80303 / 303-447-1010
About this Site
© 2016 Boulder Valley School District