School Mission and Vision
To promote the educational success of all students by having high expectations, a commitment to excellence confirming the belief that all students can achieve at their fullest potential and become responsible, productive members in an inclusive competitive society.Points of Pride
Academic and Climate Goals
- We take pride in our students’ strong academic performance and pride they display towards their school. Our exceptional staff focuses on the whole child.
- Our school climate scores are one of the best in our district according to the BVSD Climate Surveys, showing a positive pattern over time.
- LES embraces family and community engagement. Parents and community members are key contributors to the work that goes on at the school each day.
- LES is one of 34 schools in the nation designated by Eco-Cycle as a Green Star School. We focus our efforts on sustainability within our community.
Louisville’s current Achievement Goal is to improve reading achievement across all grade levels. Our Equity goal is to narrow the achievement gap for students in special education and students who are on meal assistance, in the area of reading. We continually reflect on student performance in all content areas, our teaching practices, and our school systems, so that all students achieve to their potential. We continually base our practices on a meta-analysis of educational research in order to drive our programming. Our PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention and Support) system and extra-curricular programming enhances our strong academic curriculum.School Profile and Principal's Message
In the heart of downtown Louisville, a community of learners is curiously exploring the world around them. At Louisville Elementary School, student achievement, along with building student self-esteem and self-confidence in a safe, caring environment, is our primary focus. We live our motto: “Every day, we make a difference for each child.” The staff at Louisville treats each student as an individual, and student successes are abundant. At Louisville Elementary School, we believe that every child can and will succeed!
Our Louisville staff works to make a positive difference for every child and it shows. At Louisville, we are excited to see excellent learning results coming from research-based strategies and interventions. These methods focus on improving every student’s achievement in all areas. Our K-5 literacy program provides daily small-group, direct reading instruction at all grade levels. We frequently measure student progress throughout the year, using reading, writing, and math assessments. In our daily, 60 minute math blocks, our instruction focuses on the five Process Standards for math: problem solving, reasoning and proof, communication, connections, and representation. We use a Writer’s Workshop model, focused on the Common CORE Standards, Six-Traits of Writing, and Lucy Calkins in our 60 minute writing block. For Science and Social Studies we use a hands-on project-based approach, interweaving an inquiry based model to help students understand the Colorado State Standards. The teaching and learning focus is on strategic thinking and explicit instruction via modeling, practice and application. Every child is challenged to his/her full potential.
At LES, we know our educational responsibility goes beyond test scores. We help our students become self-confident learners. We support the whole child, not only academically, but socially and emotionally. Some of the great programs we have at LES include:
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention and Support), PAWS (Personal Responsibility, Appreciation of Others, Wise Choices, Safety)
- Technology: Computer lab, Check-Out Computer Lab via a class set of Chrome Books for classroom use, pods of computers within every classroom, document cameras for instruction, and Bloggies.
- Exemplary physical education, music, and art programs.
- Kindergarten Enrichment program for our half-day kindergartners.
- Class meetings are held regularly in each class. Teachers use The Class Meeting Kit and Kelso’s Choice’s to promote school-wide consistency with vocabulary, format, and conceptual understanding. The entire student, staff, and family community is constantly engaged in talking about respectful ways of being with each other, talking to each other, and learning with each other.
The LES staff believes in the theme, it takes a village to raise a child, and together our community works to help children become self-confident, lifelong learners.
We strive to see our students become self-confident caring citizens and we support the growth of the whole child toward emotional and physical well-being, as well as towards academic success. Come join our community of learners!
Louisville Elementary School--what a wonderful learning community for staff, students, and families!
Jennifer Rocke, Principal