Points of Pride
- Jamestown School is a multi-age K-5 school that fosters collaboration, respect and connectedness to one another and to the environment.
- In addition to their classroom teachers, students receive support from PE, music and art specialists, special educators and seasoned teacher assistants.
- Jamestown enjoys a high level of parent involvement and volunteerism. Parents help set yearly goals and write grants as well as raise funds.
- The school has a strong focus on character education, cultural awareness, and no-bullying.
The school's goals are to increase reading and writing achievement by all students as measured by CSAP and district literacy assessments; To better address the needs of boys to increase their engagement and academic progress in literacy; To support all students in attaining the qualities and characteristics of Boulder Valley's New Century Graduate at school and in the home and community.
Jamestown Elementary School is a small elementary school that provides children with outstanding educational opportunities. Students can work with a teacher for up to three years in a multiage classroom setting. Key characteristics include:
- State standards/Boulder Valley curriculum
- Integrated units of study
- Individualized instruction
- Differentiated instruction
- Multiage learning
- Flexible grouping
- Learning centers
- Attention for each child
- Community service component
- Strong partnership with parents and community
- Outdoor education focus