Each spring, BVSD's Planning and Assessment Department surveys students to find out what they think about their schools. The questions are intended to measure positive and negative features of the overall climate of the schools, as seen through the eyes of the students.
According to the 2013 Student Climate surveys at Heatherwood Elementary School:
- 95 percent of students in grades 3-5 say they have friends at school.
- 81 percent of students in grades 3-5 say they feel safe at school.
- 69 percent of students in grades 3-5 say that if they are teased at school, they have an adult they can talk to.
School climate is also addressed in the 2013 Parent Snapshot survey:
- 98 percent of parents say teachers treat their student with respect.
- 98 percent of parents say students of different cultural, racial and ethnic backgrounds are treated with respect at this school.
(Read more about what parents say in the "Parent Engagement" section of this site.)
To read the full results of this school's most recent Student School Climate survey, click here.