Points of Pride
- Eisenhower has consistently high achievement scores and all of our students, who are very diverse, show strong academic growth every year.
- We have an experienced, caring, dedicated staff who engages students in their learning. We focus on the “whole child,” ensuring our students are developing socially and emotionally, as well as academically.
- We are the SOARing Eagles—We teach our students to be Safe, to show Ownership, to Achieve, and to be Respectful.
- Eisenhower is a community based school. Our parents are always welcome and are a very active, involved part of our school through many volunteer efforts.
- We offer a wide variety of before and after school activities for all students.
- We are an Eco-Cycle Green Star School and the winner of the 2013 BVSD Energy Challenge.
School Improvement Efforts
We focus our attention on all content areas, closely monitoring student growth throughout the year. We work to improve our instruction for our English Language Learners. In addition, we always strive to challenge our advanced learners through engaging, rigorous curriculum. We also implement the Positive Behavior Support School-wide System and teach about the Caring Community anti-bullying program.
We have a group of dedicated teacher leaders who, in collaboration with the principal, lead our school improvement efforts. We encourage parent participation in our School Accountability Committee which helps to guide our school improvement work.
Eisenhower has served Boulder Valley families since 1971. It is a cohesive and creative neighborhood school that fosters excellence. Our concept of neighborhood has expanded to include families from all over the district and surrounding metro areas. We are proud of our diversity, and we believe that every individual in the community brings something unique and special to our school.
Eisenhower has a strong academic curriculum, a vibrant arts program, a comprehensive music program, and a vigorous PE program. Our special education programs support each child’s educational plan. We have literacy programs designed to assess growth in literacy and provide support to our students. The English Language Development Program serves students from around the world, assisting them in mastering English. Our Talented and Gifted program offers options for our most advanced students. We have a variety of before- or after-school clubs and a large variety of community activities for students. The YMCA provides before- and after-school child care.
We judge our success using a body of evidence measuring student achievement toward district and state standards. We reflect on a child’s daily work, tests, papers and classroom interactions, taking into account a student’s abilities and interests. We examine literacy assessments and the results of the TCAP. Our CSAP/TCAP scores have earned us the John Irwin School of Excellence Award. We are committed to each child being proficient in all areas of their education so that they may be competent, successful and content in their future.